Connect, Inspire, Support
We now have a York Tinnitus Support Group on facebook if you would like to join, until our face to face meetings are able to resume running again.
Due to COVID-19 our other support groups have not been able to continue, however we are currently looking at ways to provide this service online and are looking at the best platform to do this. Please keep an eye on this page for further information coming soon.
Please ring 01904 20 22 92 to speak with a YorSensory team member, for more information, to book a place or express your ideas for future events.
Peer Support Group
Our Yorsensory Team will be facilitating a peer support group for parents, partners, loved ones and friends of someone living with a visual impairment.
The group will be a safe place to:
- connect with others and share experiences of supporting loved ones with sight loss
- learn more about sight loss and different conditions
- learn about resilience and good emotional and mental well-being
- provide positive ways to manage own well-being and mental health
- create a supportive network
It will take place fortnightly from October 2021 at the New Wilberforce House on Tadcaster Road.
The support group is part of a ‘Mental Health and Well-being Activities Programme’ partnership with Mind York. If you are interested in what other Mental Health and Well-being Activities that are being covered by the programme take a look at: