Supporting independent sensory living in Yorkshire
The Wilberforce Trust offers person-centred support for individuals with a visual or sensory impairment &/or other disabilities living in their own home. Our supported living services are currently available to our tenants living in one of our nine shared houses across York and the surrounding areas. In 2021 we will be opening a specialist extra care scheme providing 30 large one-bed apartments, our new Living and Learning Zone and a large sensory garden
Our supported living service will empower you to carry out everyday activities of your choosing so that you can be as independent as possible. Whether it’s doing the household chores, shopping for food, studying or working, to enjoying activities and sustaining friendships you will be supported to maintain &/or gain your independence. We will support you to identify new opportunities and achieve your desired goals and outcomes.
We will do this by offering you just enough support to ensure you are able to live a fulfilling and safe life independently within your community. We will do this:
- By taking the time to understand you, your needs and your desires.
- Through a flexible and person-centred support plan.
- Using assistive technology to increase your independence.
- In partnership with you and your circle of support (your family, carers and health partners).
Case Study 2:
To find out more about our range of supported living services clink on the links below:
- Supported Living Brochure – Coming Soon!
- Opening in 2021 – Our new extra care scheme
- Contact Us / Make a Referral.
Why people choose us:
- Operated by professionals with experience in sensory and other disabilities.
- Because we always go the extra mile for our clients.
- Consistent dedicated trained staff.
- Compliant with all the industry-standard regulations. – CQC inspected to ‘good’ standard in safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led.
- Available to our clients 24 hours a day 7 days a week.