Housing designed to allow you to live the life you want with professional support available when you need it
The Wilberforce Trust’s supported housing service provides boasts a purpose-built extra-care housing scheme of 30 one-bed room apartments and a number of shared houses across York and North Yorkshire. All of our properties are specifically tailored to the needs of people with sensory loss and/or other disabilities .
Our properties are specially adapted to meet the needs of our tenants through the use of appropriate lighting, colour contrast and assistive technology to best enable independent living by each and every tenant.
As a supported housing landlord, we provide a range of services to our tenants, in addition to the rent collection, lettings, repairs and maintenance we provide an enhanced housing management service to ensure our tenants can successfully maintain their home and live as independently as possible. These enhanced services include:
- Increased health & safety inspections and maintenance of the building
- Assistance in claiming/managing your housing benefit
- Signposting to community services and voluntary agencies
- Advice and assistance on using equipment within the property and much more!
Our tenants have access to our 24/7 supported living services to provide them with personalised care and support tailored to best meet their needs and enable them to live the life they choose.
In the summer of 2022, we opened Wilberforce House extra care scheme for people with sensory loss and/or other disabilities providing 30 one-bed room apartments, our new Living and Learning Zone, and head office.
Why people choose us:
- Purpose-built shared accommodation specifically designed for people with sensory loss and/or other disabilities
- Operated by professionals with experience of providing homes for people with sensory loss and/or other disabilities
- Fully accessible facilities
- CQC registered provider rated Good
To find out more about our supported housing services click on the link below: