Housing designed to allow you to live the life you want with professional support available when you need it
The Wilberforce Trust’s supported housing service currently provides a number of shared houses across York and the surrounding areas specifically tailored to the needs of visually impaired adults living with a sensory loss and a range of other disabilities.
Our properties are specially adapted to meet the needs of each of our tenants through the use of appropriate lighting, color contrast and assistive technology to best enable independent living by each and every tenant.
As a supported housing landlord, we provide a range of services to our tenants, in addition to the rent collection, lettings, repairs and maintenance we provide an enhanced housing management service to ensure our tenants can successfully maintain their home and live as independently as possible. These enhanced services include:
- Increased health & safety inspections and maintenance of the building.
- Assistance in claiming/managing your housing benefit.
- Signposting to community services and voluntary agencies.
- Advice and assistance on using equipment within the property
and much more!
In our properties, you have the option to easily access our 24/7 supported living services to provide you with personalised care and support tailored to best meet your needs, desires and enable you to live the life you choose.
Our New Extra Care Housing:
In 2021 we will be opening a specialist extra care scheme for people who are deaf, blind or partially sighted, providing 30 large one-bed apartments, our new Living and Learning Zone and a large sensory garden. To keep updated on news about our new scheme please sign up to our newsletter or follow us on social media.
To find out more about our supported housing services clink on the links below:
- Supported Housing Brochure – Coming Soon!
- Opening in 2021 – Our new extra care scheme
- Contact Us / Make a Referral.
Why people choose us:
- Purpose-built shared accommodation specifically designed for people with a sensory disability &/or complex needs.
- Operated by professionals with experience of providing homes for people with a sensory impairment and other disabilities.
- Fully accessible facilities.
- CQC registered provider rated good for safe, effective responsive and well-led services.