Social Media and Digital Communication Co-ordinator
- Job Title – Social Media and Digital Communication Co-ordinator
- Responsible to – Operations Director
- Salary – £25,000.00 (pro rata)
- Hours – 30 hours per week
Place of Work
The primary location of this role will be at our Head Office however there is flexibility for hybrid working.
Purpose of Job
To oversee digital content and website development for the Wilberforce Trust, along with the management of their IT systems and software.
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Wilberforce Trust’s social media channels and website maintenance and development and supporting Wilberforce Trust teams with communications, campaigns and promotions using a variety of digital media platforms.
- Report to the Operations Director
- Oversee the organisations IT system and liaise with the outsourced IT company
- Support colleagues with minor IT maintenance tasks
- Developing engaging digital content that promotes the service and objectives of the organisation.
- Working closely with internal teams and the Operations Director to obtain content and ensure it is accurate, relevant and meeting the standard of the organisation
- Ensure that the image content published is compliant with GDPR
- Database management that relates to content for the website and social media
- Liaising with external agencies to develop content
- Develop and nurture successful working relationships with external partners to build on the organisation’s digital presence
- Publishing content across the website and social media
- Work with the Fundraising team to further develop their use of Mailchimp
- Grow Wilberforce Trust’s digital presence by increasing followers and increasing traffic to the website.
- Understand the difference in attracting users to a service-based charity website as opposed to customers to a commercial site and implement this understanding in improving traffic to the website and social media.
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of Wilberforce Trust’s digital channels to identify areas for continuous improvement and then working towards implementing the improvements
- Ensure that all personal identifiable information held on photo databases is in line with GDPR standards.
- Oversee the creation and collation of content for our quarterly newsletter ‘Insight’
- Follow our brand guidelines and create interesting content for all social media platforms, website and articles.
- Conduct research on current trends and audience preferences to stay up to date with competitors, and the latest trends in social media
- New ideas, tools, and applications to ensure we are maximising engagement
- Provide a monthly and a quarterly Board report on the analytics relating to social media and the website and how improvements are being sought and implemented
- To attend meetings as and when required
- Organised and able to manage their time effectively
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all Wilberforce Trust staff
- To have the flexibility to work outside office hours as required
- To work independently to tight deadlines
- Proactive individual with a teamwork ethos
- To represent the Trust as required
- Work within and demonstrate The Wilberforce Trust’s values which are ‘respect and dignity’, ‘integrity and honesty’, ‘teamwork’, ‘empowerment’ and ‘continuous improvement
- Commitment and interest to the overall development of the charity services
- To undertake such other duties as the Chief Executive or Trustees may reasonably require from time to time
This job description is for guidance only. It does not form part of the contract and may be varied from time to time.
- University degree or Higher Education diploma in appropriate subject (or relevant experience)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced web user
- Experience of using Microsoft Access
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Knowledge of HTML
- Experience of using social media tools or willingness to learn
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- An ability to share knowledge
- Patience, tact and motivation
- Be a team player but also able to work independently
- Manage own workload to meet the needs of the service
- Ability to work to deadlines
We are an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, we support the recruitment and employment of staff with disabilities wherever possible.
The above Job Description is for guidance only and is not contractual. The Management and the Board of Trustees reserve the right to alter, delete or add any part after consultation.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Catering Assistant’.