Recruitment and Staffing Coordinator
Recruitment and Staffing Coordinator
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Position: Full time permanent role for 38 hours a week
Job Title: Recruitment and Staffing Coordinator
Reports to: HR Officer
We are an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, we support the recruitment and employment of staff with disabilities wherever possible.
Place of Work
To be located at the Trust HQ. Occasionally may be required to attend meetings or training outside the York area.
Purpose Of The Job
- Working within the HR Team you will be the lead for all recruitment needs for the Trust.
- To ensure staffing requirements for the client’s hours and internal rotas are fulfilled by Wilberforce Trust Support Workers by recruiting suitably screened applicants through to working on shift. Whilst having an agency contingency as agreed with Finance annually.
- Recruitment of HQ staff as and when required.
- Use your initiative and knowledge to work on staff retention.
- Leading recruitment programmes and analysis of results for best results.
- Recruitment process including preparing and posting job advertisements.
- Vetting applicants/ candidates/ arranging interviews.
- Ensuring organisation & its clients are paired with candidate.
- Interviewing and making recommendations to HR for offers.
- Assisting with staff inductions and associated paperwork for training.
- Assisting with placing candidate into position (house) and onto rota shifts via the rota team.
- Daily updating of applicant data base information.
- Update from rota analysis support worker vacancies.
- Meet targets for support worker supply for vacancies ensuring staffing levels meet our contractual obligations.
- Work with the IT & Digital Communications Co-ordinator to come up with new advertisements and marketing material to use on a variety of platforms.
- Produce a monthly report on recruitment activity including new starters and leavers.
- Research and attend Job Fairs and any other relative community engagements.
- Obtain authorisation for recruitment budget.
- To be targeted in reduction of agency usage.
- To work closely with the rota and training team. To arrange regular meetings with area managers to discuss staffing needs and upcoming new starters/leavers.
- Promote diversity and equality through staff matching to clients.
- Support the safety, well -being and protection of people in the delivery of services through compliance with the current HR and safeguarding policies.
- Remain up to date with current recruitment legislation within the social care sector.
- To actively participate in relevant training an ongoing professional development to meet identified knowledge and skill requirements.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all Wilberforce Tenants, clients, staff and managers.
- Support the HR team when required, attend weekly meetings.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all Wilberforce Trust staff.
- Promote good employment practices, equal opportunities and welfare in accordance with Trust policies, including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- To have flexibility to work outside of office hours on occasions as required.
- To work independently to tight deadlines.
- Ability to deliver difficult improvement requirements in a constructive way.
- Interview skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Build open and constructive working relationships with all service users of the Trust to ensure high quality experience – invite feedback to inform future developments.
- To represent the Trust as required.
- Thorough understanding of ethics, regulations and laws.
- Working with management, regulators and board members.
- Support colleagues to find solutions when implementing change and improvement plans.
- To undertake such other duties as the Chief Executive or Trustees may reasonably require from time to time.
- To ensure the HR Officer and operations team are kept up to date with staff vacancies and the pipeline for supply of staff.
- Ensure effective timely communications on key issues to line managers.
- Promote mechanisms to seek out, listen and respond to views and ideas of others.
- Manage effective communications with all potential candidates, staff and managers.
The above job description is for guidance only and is not contractual. The Management and Board of Trustees reserve the right to alter, delete or add any part after consultation.
How to Apply?
If you are interested in the role, please send an up to date CV and covering letter to our recruitment team [email protected]