- Job Title – Reception/Administration Support
- Responsible to – Facilities Manager
- Department – Facilities
- Salary – £22,625.00 – Full time salary
- Hours – Part time 24 hours per week/full time, 38 hours per week.
- Contract – Permanent, £22,265. per year (FTE)
We are an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, we support the recruitment and employment of staff with disabilities wherever possible.
Place of Work
The position will be located at the Trust’s HQ, with the possibility of some working from home.
Occasionally may be required to attend meetings or training in York or the Yorkshire area.
Purpose of Job
To work as part of the Facilities support team, whilst having specific functions of your own role.
To work with all departments when required, to achieve business support objectives.
- Reception duties: welcoming visitors and appropriately handling the flow of people through the organisation, maintaining initial security through procedures and monitoring, ensuring a good standard of housekeeping throughout the building, handling/distributing post/stationery and ordering when needed
- Take incoming calls and re-direction of calls, ID badges/staff photos and monthly printing reports
- Manage staff & visitor car parking
- Maintain a weekly ‘head office staff movements’ spreadsheet
- Carry out any admin requests submitted
- Assist in ensuring data protection guidelines are met in terms of communication with contacts and maintenance of databases
- Maintain information spreadsheets on events/conferences
- Produce minutes or other documents as required by the organisation
- Proactively work as part of the Facilities team supporting colleagues
- Assist where necessary with the LLZ activities and bookings
- Keep up to date with mandatory training and professional development
- Actively participate in the appraisal and SDS process
- Comply with Wilberforce policies and procedures
- Always maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality following both legal and organisational requirements
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively with all colleagues to meet the objectives and Wilberforce Trust requirements
- Proactive and hands on approach
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills, working across the differing departments of the organization
- An understanding of the goals and aspirations of the Charity and the ability to inspire others to deliver these goals
- General administration and interpersonal team working skills
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and other administration packages
- Flexibility and reliability to work as part of a team or alone
- Ability to work well in a busy working environment
Be able to demonstrate educational or experience and learning in appropriate subjects to support the role.
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and that the individual may be asked to undertake extra responsibilities as directed but within the individual’s sphere of responsibility and competence in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject ‘Reception/Administration Support’.