- Job Title: Finance Officer
- Responsible to: Finance Director
- Salary: £25,000. – £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Hours: 38 per week
The primary location of this role will be at our Head Office however there is flexibility for hybrid working
Purpose of Job
Manage the effective day to day administrative operations of the Finance Department and to support the Trust with all payroll enquiries.
- Completing and updating the monthly rolling company sick report
- Full responsibility for inputting payroll onto Sage System
- Calculating Statutory Sick Pay entitlements for employees
- Updating the payroll system on a monthly basis to include all new starters/ leavers
- Submission of Real Time Information (RTI) on a monthly basis
- Manage all Pensions submissions to the Pension Trust
- Liaise with Human Resources regarding employee contract changes/ amendments
- Dealing with attachment of earning orders
- Issuing pay slips to employees and safe storage of duplicate pay slips for finance records
- Dealing with any adjustments
- Input payroll details to the bank via internet banking ready for submission.
- Ensure that PAYE reports are completed on time
- Raising of internal and external cheques and input Bacs payments and using internet banking
- Entering Direct Debit Collections on internet Banking
- Assisting with bank mandates and open credit facilities
- Assisting with Bank Reconciliations.
- Posting and reconciling of Petty Cash for all departments and report back to Finance Director on any overspends/ irregularities
- Line management of Finance Assistant, primarily Purchase Ledger
- Ensure the collation and co-ordination the signing of invoices
- Ensure the coding and input of supplier invoices onto Sage Accounting System on a monthly basis
- Raising Ad hoc internal and external invoices where required.
Staff Induction/ support
- Assist with Payroll induction training for Managers.
- Provide payroll support as required answering all queries in a timely professional manner
- Meet and greet visitors to the organisation with respect at all times
- Attending meetings as and when required
- Adhere to all organisational policies and procedures at all times
- Support the Finance Director as and when required.
This job description is for guidance only. It does not form part of the contract and may be varied from time to time.
- University degree or Higher Education diploma in appropriate subject (or relevant experience)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced web user
- Be a team player but also able to work independently.
- Manage own workload to meet the needs of the service.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Finance Officer’.