- Job Title – Catering Supervisor
- Responsible to – Operations Director
- Salary – £23,500.00 – per annum
- Contract – Full time – 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Place of Work
The position will be located at the Trust’s HQ, Wilberforce House (Tadcaster Road, York) with the possibility of occasionally being required to attend meetings or training in York or the Yorkshire area.
The Wilberforce Trust is opening Wilberforce House in late July 2022, an £8million facility for people with Visual / hearing impairment with additional disabilities.
Wilberforce House has 30 apartments, an activities and events area and a small café and eating area an employs care and head office staff. It also has two staff room kitchen areas. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic Catering Supervisor to join the Wilberforce Trust team at the start of opening our new café within Wilberforce House, serving drinks, light bites, sandwiches, and cakes at the commencement of opening for residents, staff, and visitors. With an opportunity to shape the menu choices and sales.
Purpose of Job
As the Catering Supervisor with Wilberforce Trust, you will be at the heart of our community and services, ensuring the provision of a high quality, cost effective, nutritional menu. Working closely with all the teams within the facility, especially the events and activities and care teams.
You will be responsible for:
- The Café and two small staff rooms with kitchen facilities
- Risk assessments
- Meeting all health and safety and environmental standards and regulations
- Menu selections
- Food preparation and delivery
- Managing a small budget
- Managing staff
- Cash handling and till work
- Cleaning routines
- Ensuring Cleanliness and checks to the café kitchen, café tables and seating areas and the catering equipment
- Manage deliveries and stock
- Effective communication with staff, residents and visitors
- Support the safety of anyone who uses the café – adhere to policies and procedures
- To actively participate in relevant training and ongoing professional development to meet identified knowledge and skill requirements
- Ensure the highest quality of service by meeting and exceeding standards
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all Wilberforce Trust staff
- You must have a positive attitude to working with people with disabilities and develop a positive relationship with residents, staff and visitors
- To have the flexibility to work outside office hours on occasions as required
- To be able to work to deadlines
- Reporting skills and budget management
- Build constructive and open working relationships with all service users of the Trust to ensure a high-quality experience – and invite feedback to inform future developments
- To represent the Trust as required
- Support colleagues to find solutions when implementing changes and improvement plans
- To undertake such other duties as the Chief Executive or Trustees may reasonably require from time to time
- Level 3 Food Hygiene & Safety for Catering or equivalent
- Experience in managing a small team
- Experience of organising and serving daily catering
We are an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, we support the recruitment and employment of staff with disabilities wherever possible.
The above Job Description is for guidance only and is not contractual. The Management and the Board of Trustees reserve the right to alter, delete or add any part after consultation.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Catering Supervisor’.