- Job Title – Catering Assistant
- Responsible to – Catering Supervisor/Operations Manager
- Responsible for – Support workers
- Salary – £20,550.00 – Full time salary
- Contract – Full time – 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Place of Work
The position will be located at the Trust’s HQ, Wilberforce House (Tadcaster Road, York) with the possibility of occasionally being required to attend meetings or training in York or the Yorkshire area.
The Wilberforce Trust is opening Wilberforce House in late July 2022, an £8million facility for people with Visual / hearing impairment with additional disabilities.
Wilberforce House has 30 apartments, an activities and events area and a small café and eating area an employs care and head office staff. It also has two staff room kitchen areas.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic Catering Assistant to join the Wilberforce Trust team at the start of opening our new café within Wilberforce House, serving drinks, light bites, sandwiches, and cakes at the commencement of opening for residents, staff, and visitors. With an opportunity to work with the Catering Supervisor to shape the menu choices and sales.
Purpose of Job
As the Catering Assistant with Wilberforce Trust, you will be part of the team at the heart of our community and services, ensuring the provision of a high quality, cost effective, nutritional menu. Working closely with all the teams within the facility, especially the events and activities and care teams.
- Food Preparation and service delivery to The Café
- Ensuring Cleanliness and checks to the café kitchen, café tables and seating areas and the catering equipment
- Cleanliness and safety checks of two small staff rooms with kitchen facilities
- Meeting all health and safety and environmental standards and regulations
- Helping the Carting Supervisor with Menu selections
- Cash handling and till work
- Receive deliveries check and store safely
- Effective communication with staff, residents and visitors
- Work in partnership with your supervisor
- Support the safety of anyone who uses the café – adhere to policies and procedures
- To actively participate in relevant training and ongoing professional development to meet identified knowledge and skill requirements
- Ensure the highest quality of service by meeting and exceeding standards
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all Wilberforce Trust staff
- You must have a positive attitude to working with people with disabilities and develop a positive relationship with residents, staff and visitors
- To have the flexibility to work outside office hours on occasions as required
- To be able to work to deadlines if needed
- Build constructive and open working relationships with all service users of the Trust to ensure a high-quality experience – and invite feedback to inform future developments
- To represent the Trust as required
- Support colleagues to find solutions when implementing changes and improvement plans
- To undertake such other duties as the Chief Executive or Trustees may reasonably require from time to time
- Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety for Catering – or prepared to work towards a level 2 having Level 1 already
- Experience of working in a café environment, preparing and serving food and drinks
We are an inclusive, equal opportunities employer, we support the recruitment and employment of staff with disabilities wherever possible.
The above Job Description is for guidance only and is not contractual. The Management and the Board of Trustees reserve the right to alter, delete or add any part after consultation.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Catering Assistant’.